May 27, 2012

A Little Hobby On The Side

I have been working the last few months on getting a picture that I had taken from the course I used to work at in Montana, The Reserve at Moonlight Basin, signed by Jack Nicklaus, who designed the course. 

Getting a 24" x 30" picture in front of Jack to get signed was quite a task, but with the help of an associate architect who I knew pretty closely at Nicklaus Design, I was able to finally get my signed product back from Jack.  After a few days in my home shop to put together a nice picture frame, I finally have something special hanging on the wall in my home office.


Of all the pictures I took while building and working on this course for five years, which has to be in the tens of thousands, this one sticks out in my mind the most.  I snapped this one morning in late August of 2010 after a cold front dropped snow on Lone Peak down to about 8,000 ft.  The elevation I took this picture from is about 7,000 ft, so the golf course managed to stay just below the snowline.  However, the distinct contrast of the bright green grass in August and the fresh snow on the peak was over the top.

I am a firm believer that photographs are and always will be our most durable way of remembering certain events and phases of our lives.  In the year now that I have been in North Dakota, I have taken well over 1,000 pictures of GFCC.  You may haven noticed a few new photos posted on our newly redesigned website over the winter, or the new photos hanging in the proshop that I took, but those are only a tip of the iceberg. 

I also enjoy sharing my photographs with others, so if anyone is ever interested in a nice photo of the course please let me know, I would be happy to help.  I am not a professional photographer, so I like to share for free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment