August 20, 2015

The Last Four Years

I stepped foot on the Grand Forks County Club for my first day of work on April 11th, 2011.  Within 5 days, the river crested at just under 50', I was boating to the maintenance shop, sleeping in the clubhouse at night filling up pumps on the dike, and wondering what I had got myself into.  Fortunately, the river has mostly behaved since then, and we've been able to make a lot of progress on the course.

It has been a pleasure being the Superintendent here, the GFCC has been a great "project" course for me.  When I arrived it was very evident from day one that this was a great golf course, just needed some serious attention and some updates to start bringing it back to life.  We made a lot of progress on the course since then, but there is still obviously a lot of work left to do.

I think I have taken over 5,000 pictures of the course since I have been here, so I will finish off this blog with some of my favorites.  This has been a great communication tool for me to help all of you really understand the amount of hard work and dedication the grounds crew puts into making this course what it is.  It's Collin's now, so be sure to look for some of his updates on the course this fall.





























No comments:

Post a Comment