March 21, 2014

New Tee Markers

I finally had some help in the shop this week as Collin and Mike came in to work during their spring break.  It was nice to finally get some larger projects done, and to have someone else to talk to besides myself.

We just wrapped up a new batch of tee markers of a slightly different design than the last ones.  While I did like the previous markers, they had a very large ground print, and if left in one spot for more than a day or two during the heat of the summer, they would leave some fairly large yellow squares on the turf where they sat.  The new markers are a little more vertical, and will take up a significantly smaller footprint on the turf surface.

We utilized the same wood branding iron from the previous markers, painted the ends red, white, blue, and black, put a nail in the bottom, and a few coats of urethane.  All told we knocked out 160 markers in about 4 days.

I cut all 160 wood blanks at my home shop.

Then Mike, aka "Dusty" had the pleasant job of sanding all of them.

Collin and Mike putting on a coat of urethane.

Finished products.

1 comment:

  1. Now if you could shift your focus to getting the course playable by April 1st....