November 13, 2012

Bring Your Daughter To Work Day

Monday was officially "bring your daughter to work day" due to a closing of preschool and lack of the ability to find a babysitter for the day.  Fortunately, we had some fresh snow on the golf course that day and with the temps outside barely reaching 20 degrees, it seemed like a good day to get some office work done and start cleaning up the shop.

Needless to say, Allie was thrilled to join me for the day at work.  I'm sure she will have very fond memories some day of tagging along with her Dad to work at the golf course.  She already gets to take evening golf cart rides around the course with me in the summer, I actually think she is pretty close to knowing how to program an irrigation satellite at this point.  She might as well come play at the course in the winter too.  Besides, isn't it every 4 year old girl's dream to hang out in a dirty shop full of power tools, heavy equipment, and a bunch of greasy parts?

The day began by setting up a "coloring bench" on my archery
target block in the office while I sent some emails.

Then she wanted to go play out in the shop, so I found
her the dust pan and a brush.  After close to an hour of
vigorous brooming, she had managed to clean up
about a 10' x 10' area of the shop floor....

Back into the office for more coloring.  This time at the big desk, I got
moved over to the side of my own desk and had to sit in the guest chair.

After lunch and a movie, she wanted to go help Andy in the shop again.  Andy
wisely set her up "cleaning" an already cleaned cart with a squirt bottle of water
and some rags.  Another 1/2 hour burned....

No comments:

Post a Comment